The digital wave has brought with itself easy accessibility to the web, quick ways to build your own content platform (or a blog) and ways to quickly load it with tremendous quantities of content.
Now that we have millions of blogs around the web, bringing traffic to your blog can be a daunting task. You can use various ways like SEO, Social Media, Advertising to bring the audience to your website. In the scope of this article, I’ve assumed that you’ve already mastered the way to bring traffic to your blog. In case you need more information on how to build your website traffic, feel free to write to us at email@example.com for a free no-strings-attached email consultation.
Assuming that you have some traffic on your blog, there has to be a way to monetize the same. Let’s talk about some of these ways to make money from your blog:
1. Google Adsense – Acting as a publisher to show banner ads from advertisers who use Google ads for their products/services business.
2. Affiliate Programs – You can sign up with affiliate programs with Amazon or CJ and get unique URLs which you can publish inside your content and earn commissions on the sale.
3. Brand associations or product mentions – You can ask brands to DM you on Social Media channels or contact you on your website and in exchange, you could share your media kit, which talks about your fee structure for reviewing their products, showcasing them in the form of content, etc.
4. Outbrain / Columbia – You can become a publisher with platforms like these which enable content marketing ads for advertisers.
5. Guest blogging – You can ask SEO specialists for a handsome amount of money in exchange for a do-follow link.
6. Selling your products – Become a manufacturer or create an asset like an ebook and sell to your users via the blog.
You might like: How to Start an E-Commerce Business in 6 Steps
7. Consulting and speaking – Generate leads to invite you to speak at events and you can demand good money for your presence and knowledge sharing.
8. Donations – if you’re generating awesome content, people won’t mind donating money to keep your boat afloat!
Get more information about how to make money from blogs via this presentation.
As a Digital Marketing agency, we have a wide experience of working with several heavy-duty content-based businesses like Business Standard as well as smaller businesses like startup-buzz.com. The team at DigiChefs has a thorough idea of the dos and don’ts in the business of publishing and online marketing. Feel free to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org with all your queries and we’ll be able to help you out.
Share the article with someone who runs a blog and you think can make use of these ways to earn money!
Also Read: Beginners Guide to Amazon Ads