Social Media has become an important part of people’s lives and their daily routines, for millennials it’s not just a word, it’s the world for them. More than 85 percent of people who belong to Gen Z learn about new products through social media. It’s not hard to see why many marketers believe social media is an effective part of the business.
There’s no doubt that social media will play a growing role in our lives even in the near future. So, how should businesses and brands take advantage of this?
One of the ways could be ‘Trends’.
Trends – A trending post or a social trend in general, is something that is created by someone in one corner of the world and within no time spreads across the globe as a viral trend that millions of people like and follow.
Why are these important? – The need for following social media trends is becoming more and more popular these days in order to grow your business or service.
Top 10 trends in 2020:
1. Video – According to a Cisco study, by 2022, 82% of all the content that is posted on social media will be video content. This means that all marketers will have to up their video content game to stay ahead of the competition and trend. Thus video content also attracts more audiences and the engagement is even better. Video content has done wonders for brands as it allows you to tell your story in a snippet. There will be an emphasis on videos that are creative, engaging, and speak about a story that captures user attention within seconds. Whether it’s short-form videos on Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms or long-form content on YouTube, videos are the present and future of social media content.
2. Embracing More UGC’s – Gone are the days where brands themselves talking about their USP’s worked for their audience, the new-age audience prefers other people’s validation first due to the tremendous amount of options available in the market, this makes it easy for them to pick up the right product. The best way to captivate your audience is to do a different type of UGCs and see what works the best with them, A skincare brands best UGC is testimonials. Similarly, find the USP and create content. Since this type of content is raw and authentic, it helps consumers find it more valuable and compelling than the content created by the brand themselves. UGC’s like reviews, testimonials, social media content, case studies, etc work well.
3. AR Transformation – When it comes to futuristic technology in marketing, augmented reality (AR) is the most exciting trend underway, though trending since last year, not every brand has picked this up and experimented with it. AR enhances reality with the help of digitally generated images and features. Brands can allow their consumers to try on their products like makeup, clothing, home decor, etc before purchasing through the help of AR. It helps transform your audience’s experience.
4. Pick Up Moment Marketing – Picking up the right trending topic and at the right time can help you gain popularity on social media. The biggest trend in the year 2020 has been Moment Marketing, we wouldn’t deny the fact that it has become so crucial that every other brand on social media in order to trend and get featured follows this. To effectively make the most out of these brands will have to stay alert and updated on social media. Instagram is one of the best platforms to do moment marketing.
5. Live Videos – Live videos are a way to tell your audience what you as a brand really are. Live videos are the best way to express yourself without any filter. Instagram and Facebook are the best platforms to conduct a live video, this could make your audience see something interesting and different from your regular content. While creating your live content make sure you keep the three E’s in mind – educate, entertain, and engage. Content such as interviews, Q&As, tutorials, and behind-the-scenes have proven to generally be effective for brands.
6. Regulation Of Fake News – Media has not only proved to be a boon to the people but it has also proved to be fatal. Regulation of fake news is as crucial as making a topic trend, therefore Twitter as a platform has taken measures to eradicate fake news floating around on its platform. Not only Twitter, but other social platforms have also taken measures to do the same. In late January, Twitter rolled out a Covid-19 search prompt to ensure searches provided results from credible sources. It has also released an update to its policy for manipulated content. Content that poses a risk to public safety will be removed.
7. Social Media Stories – The emerging stories trend is gaining pace in 2020. Instagram stories dominate this social media phenomenon followed by Facebook Stories and now also Twitter, YouTube, and Linkedin. Stories are the best platforms to regularly update your audience about your presence. With almost all well-known social media platforms giving you the option to interact with your audience through stories, it is important to utilize this spot at its best and make some unique and interactive stories to gain people’s attention. Brands can create interactive stories like tutorials, swipe up stories to promote products, stories using the latest stickers available on Instagram, Behind the scenes, etc.
8. Building Meaningful Connections With The Audience – Interacting with your target audience or potential customers on a daily basis is the most crucial part of building a long-lasting and stable relationship. Building meaningful connections through your DM’s, comments, and other means can help you gain their trust and also strengthen your engagement rate game on social media.
9. Social Commerce – The merging of e-commerce and social media is proved to be a boon to marketers. It’s a move that is welcomed by consumers, as studies show that 87% of online shoppers believe social media platforms help them make purchasing decisions. Users expect and want to have access to brands and products through social platforms, as it is a frictionless shopping experience where customers don’t need to leave the social media site to buy products. The growth of social commerce will help the brand sell quicker and customers buy their products efficiently.
10. Long Form IGTV Videos – Both long-form and short-form videos are among the most-shared content on social media. Instagram users began using IGTV videos to add to their unique content. Brands now conduct talk shows, interviews, and narrative-style ads, etc. in the form of IGTV videos. It helps them boost their visibility and entertain the audience. A study shows that users love videos, in fact, they spend almost 90% more time on pages that have videos.
As always, social media is changing and you need to keep up in order to survive. Which of the latest social media trends will you be adapting?
Want to know more about the latest happenings in the social world? Then stay tuned to www.digichefs.com