Are you an entrepreneur, artist, freelancer, or social media manager? So far, Pinterest is the best place to promote what you do, find inspiration, as well as research.
Pinterest is a social network, with 450+ million monthly active users worldwide. It has a strong audience base, and companies should not miss the opportunity to leverage their brand on this platform. So let’s take a look into the different ways how Pinterest marketing do’s and don’ts can help your business grow in 2022.
Let’s begin with Pinterest marketing dos!
Pinterest Marketing Dos
- Add a profile picture, and cover thumbnail, and take good care of each board that has been created
- Join multiple relevant community boards and be active
- Create and share blog posts, Instagram posts, Reels, etc
- Follow accounts of the same niche
- Take care of the Pinterest keywords, because Pinterest is considered a search engine
- Use Pinterest regularly and use multiple images for the same link.
- Analyze your content frequently
- Check the demographics and help your content reach the right audience
- Do a deep competitor and trends research, and add descriptions to all your boards, pins, and profile
- Add ‘Pin It’ buttons to your website
- Encourage your fan base to find and follow you on your Pinterest account
Pinterest Marketing Don’ts
- Don’t treat Pinterest the same as other social networks and study Pinterest marketing for a better understanding of the platform
- Don’t miss out on your competitors and perform weekly research on what they’re working on
- Don’t post visuals of the things you don’t have the credits of
- Don’t forget about Rich Pins. Allow pinners to shop easily
- Don’t post low-quality images/videos. It’s a big no-no because this will definitely make pinners leave your profile
- Don’t add your affiliate links directly. Send pinners to your website or YouTube video, to make ultimate use
- Don’t share shortened links along with your Pins (such as bit.ly)
- Do not save irrelevant Pins. Keep an aesthetic and useful feed
Hope you found this helpful! 🙂