Everybody loves memes. None more than Digital Marketers, for, they come across a vast selection every day in the constant pursuit of viral campaign ideas. One might even say that their entire life is a meme in itself. So, paying respects to the great Aristotle who once said, “if you can meme it, you can do it”, here are a few memes all Digital Marketers will relate to.
1. When the client thinks he knows what he wants but ends up self-contradicting himself over & over again as he wants to cover all bases & his bases are deeply rooted in the stratosphere.
2. When you are a developer, life is game of snakes & ladders & you never know which error is going to bite you down to 2 days ago because you added an extra semi-colon that will take more time to be found than it takes to be properly used by students of English in their entire lives.
3. When you meet an ‘expert’ with vast experience of having spent 30 seconds reading the title of a blog while searching “SEO is dead” on the recommendation of a similar ‘expert’, with neither of them realizing that the very result appears because of this ‘dead’ service.
4. When you do your best to optimize the ad but the industry & nature of the product won’t let you bring down the figures to what the client insists is his competitor’s because he had a dream last night where God himself laid out a media plan for him.
5. When you think you have cracked that viral campaign & launch it confidently only to find you may have over-estimated the performance by a tiny margin of infinity & are wondering how exactly are you going to explain rejecting your team-mate’s idea that was eventually used by an MNC & it went viral.
6. When the client finally agrees to take up SEO but thinks the definition of it is ‘Speedy Excellent Output’ & has already planned a party expecting the dethroning of Google’s ranking in its own search results by the coming weekend.
7. When you have been running amazing ads but no one would fill the lead forms cause no one wants what the client is selling but you can’t tell that to the client & instead light a lamp in front of Google search page results every morning hoping for a miracle.
8. When the client’s vision of what he wants gets updated every time you share the output & he keeps making promises of the next one being the ‘final’ one but ensures your next 3 generations will keep working on that one task because it’s ‘urgent’.
9. When your inner voice is torn between professional fulfillment that also benefits the client & the emotional fulfillment of the client who got his idea approved by 3 of his friends from industries as relevant as a spoon to a dolphin.
10. When you have been delivering great results for your client for the last 1 year & he suddenly decides to seek other options so that he can save Rs.200 every month as his revenue of 1 lakh a month won’t cover that cost.
Hey, if you stuck around till here, you deserve a bonus meme.
11. When you find a hot lead who is so eager that he wants the proposal yesterday & you spend the entire night preparing the best pitch you have ever made only to find that suddenly he seems to have shifted to the Himalayas with no network connection.
Remembering the wise words of Einstein, “Life without meme-ing is life without meaning”.
Also read: What is the future of Digital Marketing?